When You Feel Weak

So many days have I felt weak. So many days have I felt the need to put on a face of bravery and of being okay. So many days have I faltered, taking down with me those who do not deserve to fall. 


When you fall, those around you feel the boom. When you fall, those that love you hear the echo. But when you fall, you feel alone. Alone and lost, a place you didn’t realize you could be in.

While it’s easy to paint your face with smiles, to litter your social media with an interesting life, you lie to yourself in an attempt to be okay.

Stop lying. Be honest. 


Even the strong have their weak days. Even the strong falter. To be weak does not mean you cannot bring yourself back up. To be weak means you can only move forward, finding strength within yourself to make hard decisions.

In your state of weakness, handle the world with grace, with humbleness, and poise. To handle yourself in this way doesn’t make you fake, it means you take hard times and push forward. It means you can admit when you need help but do so keeping in mind the steps you need to be strong.

Strength is within you. You can find it. I struggle finding it on some days, struggle with the world screaming “YOU AREN’T GOOD ENOUGH.” But these are just voices, they do not define you.

When I find my strength again, I’ll encourage you to do the same. And I know one day, I will find my strength.


Comments

Popular Posts