Summer Lookbook & Loving Yourself

Anyone who knows me knows I love to be in front of a camera – it makes people think I’m confident and comfortable in my own skin.


The truth behind those photos is that every day is a battle for me to accept all that I was born with, love all my flaws, and stop treating myself like I’m never good enough. Honestly, most everyone probably feels this way so I know I’m not alone in this, but let’s take a minute to talk about the façade.

Personally, I’m really harsh on myself – “you’re not skinny enough” or “I wish my hips were wider.” It’s hard. It’s honestly so hard to not tell myself these things every single day. I always look back to when I felt really good about myself thinking “what did I do to myself? Why did I let this happen?”

Summer is even harder when you see all these people posting seemingly perfect bikini photos, long hair billowing by the beach, cute little shorts with milkshakes in their hands. It makes you think “why can’t I drink a milkshake and still look like that?”


Loving yourself is a hard process, a process I’m still learning. There are days I feel absolutely amazing (especially when I’ve been exercising and eating healthy) and there are days I don’t feel so great.

Some of the ways I’ve practiced loving myself is to take care of my body – physically, mentally, emotionally. Physically means strengthening your body, giving yourself the nourishment you need – stretch, run, eat foods you know will make you feel good.


Mentally and emotionally are harder. You need to take the time to reflect on why you think the way you do, think about the state of your mental health, and maybe take a breather from whatever is stressing you out. Allow yourself time to just sit there and relax, even if it’s only for a minute.

In this state of constant growth and learning to love yourself, I wanted to share photos for an impromptu summer lookbook centered around humidity and vacationing. Don’t be fooled, I was sweating profusely in these photos, but with a bit of confidence and allowing yourself to enjoy being in front of a camera, you’ll be sure to find at least one shot that you love!

Top - F21


Jacket - H&M Men's



Shorts - Aerie


Pants - F21

  • Bikini - Garage
  • White Bralette - Aerie
  • Black Halter Crop Top -  H&M Basics
  • Black Drawstring Shorts - H&M Basics
  • Red Strapless Crop Top - Forever 21
  • Red Off Shoulder Crop Top - Forever 21
  • Blue Denim Shorts - American Eagle
  • Oversized Denim Jacket - H&M Men's
  • Black & White Striped Crop Top - Forever 21 (similar)
  • Camel High-waisted Shorts - Aerie (unfortunately not an exact match, but they're called "Aerie Camp Shorts")
  • White Sneakers - Puma (similar)
  • Black Sandals - Target

Comments

Popular Posts