To the Boy Who Stole My Heart

To the boy who stole my heart:

Thank you for loving me, for the endless laughs, the smiles you put on my face. Thank you for making the distance seem not as bad. Thank you for always reminding me you love me, for all the good morning and good night texts. Thank you for answering my late night calls, my anxious texts, and thank you for celebrating my accomplishments with me.


There are not enough "thank you's" I can give, not enough words to describe how much I love you. You stole my heart without me even realizing. Now, I freely give it to you - protect it, I trust you.

When I think of you, I think of forever - the past, the present, and the future. You flutter in and out my thoughts daily. What are you doing at this very moment? Are you thinking of me?

You said to me at sunset (your time), "If I look at the sun, I'm looking towards you. It's really bright, and you make it brighter."


Thank you for all the cheese. Thank you for all the stupid pick-up lines. Thank you for knowing how to elicit laughter and for sharing those laughs with me.

When we were only dating for a month, you made my heart pitter patter like the rain. When we were dating six months, the sight of you coming towards me made me smile. When we were together for a year, I thought, "wow, it still feels like we just started dating." At two years, we thought about our future together. At three years, we made more plans and my heart feels even fuller than before.

No matter where we've been or where we are, you still manage to make my heart beat quickly, my stomach fills with butterflies, my face turns upwards into a smile.

To the boy who stole my heart. Keep it. It's yours forever. It's not stolen, it's my gift to you.

To the boy who has my heart - I love you.


Comments

Popular Posts