Fall Outfit Ideas 2018

It's November, almost Thanksgiving, and 3 weeks till the end of the quarter. Nonetheless, fall is absolutely one of my favorite months - especially fashion wise.

Yes, yes, this post is a little late but true fall weather has just started (in Seattle at least) with the fog, aggressive misty rain, and wet decaying leaves. You see all these super cute outfit ideas like wearing just a sweater or suede boots, but what do you really wear day-to-day?

Sure, some people live in an area and have the funds to dress stylishly all season and all year but I'm a college senior on a fairly tight budget. So how did I style my fall wardrobe this year? Take a sneak peek below!

1 - Smart Casual
 I absolutely love this outfit because it's surprisingly warm and comfortable. This dress is from Zara (a few seasons back) that I bought on sale for around $20. Zara, because it's a fast-fashion company, goes on sale at the end of each fashion season, selling old designs at fairly affordable prices. This coat is honestly the most expensive piece at $34 from Primark, but for a coat it's a great price! The boots are from H&M, again on sale for around $20. Try and purchase items after the season is over for the following season, especially pieces that are necessities as opposed to trends.


2 - Cool Girl Vibes
Leather jackets are fairly easy to come buy, though quality jackets can cost anywhere from $60 to $500 depending on your budget. Mine was actually only $20 from Forever 21 on sale! I paired it with a pair of skinny jeans that has a striping detail on the edge. Underneath is just a graphic tee from Zara that asks 'What's your generation?' (because you know, I'm a marketing major). This outfit is super comfortable, even the jeans because Zara's jeans are so soft (these were $25). Paired with a pair of flat white sneakers, you're pretty much set to walk around campus all day.



3 - Double-take Sweater Dress
I know this photo is from my phone, but hey, I have limited time, limited resources, and the lighting in this bathroom was pretty cool (check out my instagram for an #uglylocationchallenge photo!). Surprise, this dress isn't a dress. I actually stole it from my little brother's closet who bought an XL sweater from the men's section at H&M. Big, cozy sweaters are the perfect way to be comfortable in the fall. Underneath, I'm wearing a long-sleeved black top, spandex, and tights with thick socks and black booties. I'll be honest, I think this is my favorite outfit because I don't have to wear pants and won't have a food baby if I decide I want nachos later. 

Just as a quick note, I'm only 5'2" which may be a huge reason I got away with wearing this sweater as a dress. Either way, give it a try (especially since H&M is made for tall people)! Some of these sweaters get marked down to only $7!


4 - Basic Much?
You can never go wrong with a sweater and jeans. Mine is a turtleneck from some Canadian store and American Eagle jeans. Sweaters are fairly easy to find and tons of places will have so many different kinds - turtlenecks are my favorite. Honestly, this wasn't my favorite outfit because my jeans were just a tad big, but this outfit is also super comfy because the jeans had a lot of stretch and it's a loose sweater.


5 - The Pant
What's trending this season? Wide-legged pants/bottoms/pantsuits/EVERYTHING. I never though I could wear this cut because of my height and body type, but after finding a pair that hit at just the right spot, I fell in love! These pants are from H&M ($23) and I'm pretty sure they're supposed to be cropped but let's ignore that. The cropped sweater is also from H&M years and years ago that I found for ($7). Seriously, markdowns at H&M can get ridiculously low.  These pants would also look great with a skin-tight white or black turtleneck paired with pointed heels (if you wanted to go a more business casual route). Since I am so short, a heeled shoe really helped elongate my legs even more.


I'm not gonna pretend to be an expert on clothes, but I have shopped enough to know where deals are and where you'll get the best bank for you buck! All of these outfits are day-to-day outfits I wear, even as a college student. I walk in the rain, get sweaty, sit in class, etc. in these outfits. While I still indulge in running tights and crew necks sometimes, I love trying new pieces and presenting myself the way I want the world to see me. Clothing is a way to tell the world who you are without saying a word, so why not take that chance? 

Any questions on fall fashion? Email me! coffeecreamcollege@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts